Friday, September 24, 2010

Winning Blog: Little Nippers

This week's spotlight falls on
Little Nippers

Welcome to Michelle Berg, regular contributer here at Winning Readings with her Little Nippers Top 10 series...

What is the purpose of your blog?

The primary aim of my blog is to be a guide for new parents.  It covers book reviews (Children’s and Parenting); reviews on local museums and fun family outings as well open discussions on hot parenting issues with links to other related sites.  In addition, Little Nipper Books also offers free resources for teachers on our website such as curriculum ideas for the classroom. 

How long have you been blogging?

I have only been blogging for six months but the start of Little Nippers has opened up so many doors.  Since January, I’ve been asked to write several reviews for various blogs and local newspapers.  In addition, it has brought much recognition and success to my first children’s book entitled Miss Mandy Manners.

Tell us a little about yourself:

I live in Marblehead, Massachusetts where I am a Publisher, Author and mother of two.

Formerly an advertising copywriter, I have dreamed of being a published author since I was young.  It wasn’t until I had two children of my own, however, that inspiration truly came. Miss Mandy Manners originated from the trials and tribulations of teaching my own daughter proper manners.

I am currently working on a second book about perseverance and determination, another lesson I am trying to teach my own kids!

What are some of your favorite things?

My favorite books are: Atlas Shrugged, Les Miserable, Roots and The Grapes of Wrath.  Unfortunately, I have not had the opportunity to travel abroad.  But, I would like to visit Italy and Ireland sometime in the near future. One of my favorite things to do is dance.  I take a Dance Energy class 3 times a week and it keeps me in shape and stress free!  I can’t remember the last time I had so much fun exercising!

Which genre most appeals to you, and why?

Aside from Children’s books of all kinds, my favorite genre for adult books is historical fiction.  I believe it’s often the best way to learn about history.

What advice do you have for other book bloggers?
 
My advice to other book bloggers is to first offer variety.  Write about books with different genres to appeal to a wide audience.  Also, discuss books you are only truly passionate about.  Reviewing a book that you are somewhat indifferent to is challenging.

Thanks, Michelle, for joining us here at Winning Readings today!  I've been marking down all the titles from your Top 10 on my daughter's library list, and I'm looking forward to reading Miss Mandy Manners, too.  It was great getting to know you a little better!

---------------
BULLETIN BOARD
No linky today, but be sure to pop by Little Nippers and say hi!  Nominations for future Winning Blogs are always welcome.

Have a blessed weekend!

0 comments: